Crossing at the Dan
Carrington Pavilion - 667 Craghead Street
Located on the banks of the Dan River, the Carrington Pavilion is the premeir venue in Southside, Virginia for outdoor concerts, theater productions, and events. The amphitheater has 1,100 covered seats plus an additional 4,000 lawn seats. Call (434) 797-8961.
- Option 1: No admission charged or concessions sold (City has option to offer concessions) - $600/five-hour use; $100/each additional hour
- Option 2: Facility user charges admission and retains concession revenues - $1,000/10-hour use; $200/each additional hour
The Carrington Pavilion is also home to Danville Harvest Jubilee's concert series and has played host to an array of nationaly-known recording artists including: .38 Special, Blake Shelton, Hank Williams Jr., Kellie Pickler, Styx, Sugarland, The Doobie Brothers, The Band Perry, Trace Adkins Willie Nelson, and Zac Brown Band just to name a few. See DanvilleHarvestJubilee.org.
Community Market - 629 Craghead Street
The Danville Community Market is available for community functions and private rentals from March through December. The Community Room at the Market can seat 400 people banquet-style and is located adjacent to a serving kitchen. Its rustic style meets the needs for a variety of functions and parties. There is plenty of parking, and tables and chairs are provided.
A conference room is also available for workshops, training sessions, meetings, and small functions. Call (434) 797-8961.
- Community Market (Entire Building) - $900/four-hour minimum; $100/each additional hour
- Community Market (Market Side Only) - $480/four-hour minimum; $120/each additional hour
- Community Market Community Room - $480/four-hour minimum; $120/each additional hour
The Community Market is also home to the Danville Farmers' Market, which is open on Saturdays, May through the end of October; Wednesdays in July and August; and Saturdays in February and March.
The Pepsi Building - 661 Craghead Street
The Pepsi Building is a refurbished historic warehouse and is great for birthday parties, family gatherings and reunions, wedding parties, and receptions. The facility is also often used for workshops, small training sessions or conferences, luncheons, and group meetings. Call (434) 797-8961.
- Facilty Rate - $325/four-hour minimum; $80/each additional hour
Comparable facility: Ballou Recreation Center Upstairs