Picnic Shelters are located at Anglers, Ballou, Camilla Williams, Coates, and Dan Daniel Memorial Park and are available for either a half-day rental or a full-day rental. Reservations include shelters only; parks, playgrounds, and parking lots remain open to the public. All shelters require a refundable $30 clean up deposit.
Shelters can be reserved for public events; however, an Event Application (obtainable through the Park Services Office) will be required. Call (434) 799-5215.
The inclusion of athletic fields requires additional reservations made through the Sports and Athletics Office at Squire Recreation Center. Standard fees apply. Call (434) 799-5214.
Large Shelters - 5-hour use $45; 10-hour use $80
The following parks have large shelters. Electricity is included.
- Anglers Park - Shelter Number 21
- Ballou Park - Shelters Number 6 and Number 10
- Dan Daniel Memorial Park - Shelter Number 17
Small Shelters - 5-hour use $30; $10-hour use $50
The following parks have small shelters or shade structures.
- Ballou Park - Shelters Number 2 and Number 8
- Camilla Williams Park - Shelter Number 22
- Dan Daniel Memorial Park - Shelters Number 11, Number 13, Number 15, and Shade Structure Number 16
Coates Park Shelter - 5-hour use $25; 10-hour use $60
Picnic Sites - 5-hour use $15; 10-hour use $30
Picnic sites include a picnic table, benches and nearby trash receptacle. Sites are located in Ballou Park and Dan Daniel Memorial Park.