- City Clerk
About the City Clerk
The City Clerk / Clerk of the Council is appointed by City Council for an indefinite term and works in coordination with the offices of the City Manager, City Attorney, and other governmental offices. The Clerk electronically records all minutes, ordinances, resolutions, and contracts approved by City Council and is responsible for the codification of the City Code and its distribution.
The Clerk serves as an ex-officio member of the Council Committee on Appointments and is responsible for the composition and advertising of public hearing notices and appointment vacancies as they relate to City Council.
The City Clerk is responsible for:
- Maintaining historical files
- Serving as custodian of the City Seal, City Council records, and official contracts / agreements approved by City Council
- Preparing official Minutes of Council
- Maintaining a listing of boards and commissions' members and terms of office along with a Citizens Data Bank of citizens interested in serving on a Council-appointed board or commission.
- Preparing Public Notices for City Council
- Coordinating actions passed by Council with the administration, local, state, and federal officials, and members of the business community
- Ensuring the availability of Council records
- Researching records for the City administration and the public
- Serving as Clerk to the Danville-Pittsylvania Regional Industrial Facility Authority