- Commissioner of Revenue
Commissioner of Revenue
Notice. Beginning July 1st, 2022, there will be a 1% sales tax increase.
- Ensuring that all tangible business and individual personal property is fairly assessed for tax purposes in accordance with the Code of Virginia
- Administering the City of Danville Business License on all businesses operating within the City in accordance with the City and State Codes
- Providing full-service Virginia State Income processing
- Administering the local meals, short-term rental, and lodging taxes
- How do I know if I need a Danville City Business License?
- How do I get a Danville City Business License?
- What are the rules for food trucks in Danville?
- What is the rate for Meals Tax?
- What is Meals Tax?
- What is the rate for the Transient Lodging Tax?
- Are there any foods or drinks exempted from Meals Tax?
- What is the rate for the Short-Term Rental Tax?
- What to do if you purchase a new or used vehicle.
- What to do if you dispose of a vehicle.
- How can I check on my Virginia State Tax Refund?
- Do I need to file a Virginia State Income Tax Return?
- Where do I get Virginia State Income Tax Forms?
- What to do if you move in or out of the City of Danville for Personal Property.
- Where do I mail Tax returns?